Monday, May 23, 2011

Let me love you...let me heal you...allow me to change your life.

I have these moments of intense emotion, where I get a glimpse of the extravagant love God has for us and it literally takes my breath away.

This past week has been stressful for many reasons. We have all been sick with the stomach flu, stress from teaching and tutoring and trying to please all of my students and their parents, and then on top of it all major anxiety thinking about ALL of these emotions and then feeling homesick.

I have a tendency to keep God at an arms length when I feel stressed, anxious or worried about something.

Today I had just had enough of this low energy, non motivated feeling. As I began to pray and to call out to God the song "Oh How He Loves Us" came to mind... so I got up and turned it on....

My heart began to overflow with emotion and desperation...all the feelings, heart ache, stress, anxiety I had been feeling all week that I had kept me from Him came flooding out. As I was listening to this song I was overwhelmed by God's grace.

I think at times we all do a fantastic job of putting walls between our hearts and God... Tonight I am reminded that our Father in Heaven is looking down at us saying, "Let me love you...let me heal you...allow me to change your life"

I will show my love to the one I called, 'Not my loved one.' I will say to those called, 'Not my people, 'You are my people'; and they will say, 'You are my God.' (hosea 2:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment