Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dora the Chinese Explorer...

Grace has a lot of friends here in Shenzhen, but I think Dora is quickly becoming her number one "bestie" .... Grace's sunday school teacher told us today that they are as thick as thieves in children's church. During worship service all the kids stay with the adults and these two hold hands and sing like little old church ladies.
I have never seen two little girls hug each other so much. These two girls are PURE JOY.
What's even more amazing is the family that Dora is blessed with. She has two beautiful, parents who love Jesus with all of their heart. After church today we went to lunch with a bunch of friends from the church, and we sat at a big table with Dora's parents and her new born baby brother. Her parents speak great English, and her father actually preached the sermon this morning.

As I was talking with Dora's mom about her family and children, we started talking about the fact that she has two kids. In China there is still a very strict one child law and I very rarely make friends here that have two kids. She starting telling me her testimony and I couldn't believe my ears.

She said that when she became pregnant with her second baby the police were sent out to her house to arrest her husband and to take her to a facility to force her to have an abortion. Because they are Christians they refused to do this no matter the cost. They packed up little Dora and were on the run until they made it to Hong Kong where they were free to have their baby in a hospital there. She said that no hospital in mainland China would allow them to be admitted because they already had one baby. Today they are blessed with two incredibly beautiful and healthy children.

I admire Dora's mom and dad so much. They probably will never know just how much their story touched me today.

Today I am even more grateful that I come from a place where I am free to do just about anything I want. They asked me today how many kids were we allowed to have and I told them as many as I want. I could tell they were in awe.

They have a video testimony that I will post soon... Just wanted to share their story.

By the way.... Grace thinks her friend Dora is the REAL Dora the Explorer.. After all she does have the same hair cut haha! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment