Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I have a reason to sing...

Today was my first day back to work... And what a beautiful day it was. I didn't realize just how much Healing those precious children would bring to me after last week. I felt my Heart fill with pure JOY as soon as I stepped into that classroom. 

Last week a friend from the school brought us dinner and left a cd that he had made that was marked "broken worship".. I hesitated to listen to it but when I did I felt God draw me in while listening to Hillsongs  "Desert Song".....

"All of my life, in every season, you are still God. I have a reason to sing. I have a reason to worship...I will bring praise....No weapon formed against me shall remain."

The message in that song is clear... Whether we are walking through the fire or in a season of rest ; God is still God and therefore we do have a reason to praise..

Why is that sometimes so hard to grasp? 

Probably because we think that once we find Jesus we will never experience hardship again. Sometimes we wonder, "Well, God, I'm doing what you have called me to do... So why is all of this happening?" or "I'm doing this for your glory, so why would you stop me from gaining the desires of my heart?"

After listening to this over and over I am feeling restored and I DO have a reason to sing..... 

We are not sure what lies ahead for our family but we will continue to pray for God to make that path known to us and for us to have peace in whatever and whenever that may be. 

This morning I came across  James 1:5.... "If you need wisdom - if you want to know what God wants you to do - ask him, and he will gladly tell you."

Well friends, I am asking. Maybe if you have time, you can ask on my behalf too.

To any of you who are walking through the fire I pray that you would let the Lord refine you through the flames.... In Him, We are victorious. 

If you don't know this song I posted it below...


Love 
Jessica 


Psalm 139 says, "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made... your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

1 comment: