Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rewind one year to January 2010....

I wrote this blog a year ago. Pretty wild that the One year ago we are getting ready to live out these very words.


If you knew 2010 would be your last year how would choose to live?

I’ve been thinking so much lately so I decided easier then writing all of my thoughts down in a journal I would start a blog. One day if Grace wants to read what has gone through her mom’s head at times she can check this out.

My mind is always churning especially late at night when I lay in bed. I’ve been thinking about the new year coming ahead and I have this stirring in my heart to do something whether it be big or small to change the world. It might be right here in my own community or it might be by supporting a missionary somewhere on the other side of the world. Last night when I was laying in bed I thought wow if I knew 2010 were my last year to live what would I want to do and how would I live my life? How would I want to treat others? What kind of person would I be remembered as? Did I make an impact on someone else’s life that would have changed their life forever? I really lay in bed at night and think about these things. I guess I just feel like I am so blessed and my life is so easy compared to a lot of people out there. I want to help people. I am fully aware that I live a life that most would like to live. I am not rich or famous, and I am not impressed with materialistic possessions. I do however know that there are far more people out there that have way less than me, compared to the amount of people that have more then me. With that being said I am well off.

For all of my close family and friends out there and anyone else who decides to read this I hope it inspires you to think about the kind of life you want to live in 2010. I have never been one to set a New Years resolution. Most people never stick to them anyway. I just want to set a goal to let my light shine for Christ. Why not make your resolution to just be kind, giving, and loving to the ones closest to you and even the people you run into that you don’t know. Or maybe just spending a little time helping someone in need. Chances are you will feel as blessed as the person you are helping.

I am excited for the New Year. I have this feeling Jon and I are going to be used by God in a great way and we are ready. We have asked God for that and we are ready to take on the challenge. Happy New Year to you all – I wish you all lots of happiness in 2010!

God Bless,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment