Friday, February 25, 2011

and THIS is why blogging is pretty cool....

A few days ago I saw a comment on my blog which was referring to my last post about "Seeing the Face of Jesus"... ...

Hello!

Beautiful post!

My sweet friend Brooklyn sent me to your blog. And it couldn't have been more timely! Seriously. I'll be posting sometime on Thursday about it - if you want to know what I mean! So cool. I've been seeking (and seeing!) "Jesus' face" lately... and this post has totally pointed me in the right direction :) I'll be back to read more soon! May you be blessed!

Have a wonderful day :)

- Kate


Today I had the chance to check her blog to see exactly what she was talking about. This is an excerpt from her blog post:

While I was proofreading this post - I received an email from my precious friend Brooklyn. In it, she said that she was praying God would reveal Himself to me this week - and she also sent me a link to a blog she thought I would be interested in. When I checked out the blog - I almost fell out of my chair again. Click here. You just might fall out of yours, too.

Friends, right in the middle of writing a blog post on seeing Jesus' face - I get sent to this cool chick's blog post about seeing Jesus' face. And not only that - her post brought the whole thing full circle. You want to see Jesus' face? Look into the faces of the needy. The lost. The lonely. The desperate. The despaired. The orphaned. The widowed. The hungry. The homeless. Look into their eyes. You have something they need. Give it. You know Someone they may not. Introduce them. To Him. It's what we're called to, really.




Wow, Pretty awesome that God can use a our open heart on our blog to speak to other people about the same things we are wrestling with.

I know that one day we will ALL stand before God... and whether you believe in Him or not- and He will ask you what you did with the things He blessed you with - your time, your talents, your finances, your life.

The Bible tells us that when Jesus comes back, He is going to separate the sheep from the goats. He says He will put the sheep on His right and He will say to them "Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."

There are so many lonely, hungry, hurting people around us all. Look for them. That is where you will find Jesus.

You don't have to go far.

Love,

Jessica

*** by the way you can check out the rest of her amazing blog @ http://jottinmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/whirlwind-of-whispers.html ***

No comments:

Post a Comment